The Role of the Syrian Higher Education in Conflict and Peacebuilding
Syrian educational institutions have a prominent role in influencing the future of the country because they are in direct contact with young people of all ages and have the ability to influence them. Therefore, in this workshop we will discuss:
- Did this influence have a positive role and did it contribute to building peace and stopping conflict?
- What could be the potential role of higher education in the future of Syria?
- In what ways higher education can contribute to peacebuilding? Is higher education a site of social mobility or social reproduction?
Explain how Syria’s education sectors can contribute to the conflict or peace.
Content of the Workshop:
- The role of education in conflict and peacebuilding.
- How education in Syria could be reformed in a way that brings peace to Syria.