Combining the Clinical and Research Pathways
Dr. Dania Humaidan is a Medical Residence in the Neurovascular Diseases Department at the University Hospital Tübingen and she is a Postdoctoral Researcher in the Brain Networks and Plasticity group at Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research.
With a background in medicine, computer science and bioinformatics, Dr. Humaidan works on implementing machine learning algorithms in the medical field, to enhance the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of neurological diseases.
- To have a clearer idea about to how to work as a clinician and also work in research.
- What programs are available in Germany? their funding and time allocation.
Content of the Workshop:
- Research fields for medical doctors.
- Basic research vs. Clinical research.
- Different pathways for doing research alongside clinical work and their prerequisites.
- How to apply for such opportunities and what to expect.